DEDICATED TO ALL LIFE’S LESSONS AND OUR ABILITY TO BE BROKEN AND MEND
PREAMBLE ON SMUDGING
Smudging is a general practice when working with the Medicine of the Wheel. A Smudge is often made from cedar, sage, sweet grass or a combination and used to create a place to heal the inner self.
Smudging is done by lighting and fanning the dried mixture with a feather and then using your hands to draw the smoke over your body into your heart and through your mind and body.
Prayer is an expression of gratitude for the gifts of mind, body and spirit we have been given by Creator.
Answers are found in our values, attitudes and beliefs which play a major role in our lives. By changing our values, attitudes, and beliefs we are able to change our environment.
Contents of this workbook provide the tools to begin this journey.
TO SAY WHILE SMUDGING WITH CEDAR, SAGE OR SWEETGRASS
Good Grandmother, Good Grandfather, Creator of all good things:
- I humble myself in a good way.
- I ask you to cleanse my HANDS to take away any sickness, sadness or sorrow, so I may cleanse myself today and work with them in a good way.
- I ask you to cleanse my MOUTH, so I may say the good things in life, not to use any harsh words to hurt or harm anyone in any way.
- I ask you to cleanse my NOSE and my EYES, so I may smell and see the goodness in myself and in others around me.
- I ask you to cleanse my EARS, so I may hear the good words and store them in my mind.
- I ask you to cleanse my MIND, so I may have good thoughts for myself and others.
- I ask you to take away any sickness, sadness or sorrow from my HAIR, so I may continue to pray in a good way.
- I ask you to cleanse my HEART, so I may give and receive good feelings from others.
- I ask you to cleanse my FEET, so I may continue to walk in a good way.
- I ask you to cleanse my BACK, so I may leave all the negative feelings in a past and not carry any of those feelings into the future.
- And OVER MY SHOULDER, so you may continue to look after me in a good way.
- I breathe it in my LUNGS, to cleanse my insides, so they may function in a good way.
- I raise my HANDS, to say thank you for blessing me once again.
ALL MY RELATIONS.